Monday, May 2, 2011

Happy 25th anniversary Expo 86

May 2, 2011 marks the 25th opening day anniversary of Expo 86, the little-big international exposition that changed the face of Vancouver. I have fond memories of wandering the grounds, not in a daze except for the time I came down with food poisoning, visiting every pavilion I could and filling my Expo 86 Passport with as many pavilion stamps as I could.

What memories do you have of Expo 86?

Will any public body be commemorating the 25th anniversary of Expo 86? People I used to work with may recall that I unsuccessfully tried promoting a virtual exhibit for the 20th anniversary. All the surviving archival records of the Expo 86 Corporation are preserved by the BC Archive at the Royal BC Museum. You can view the description of those records.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just so you know, all comments are moderated.