Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Ubisoft.com got hacked; change your account password advisory

Canadian software developer Ubisoft got hacked. Received an e-mail this morning advising me to change my password, which I did.

Here is the first part of the e-mail:

We recently found that one of our Web sites was exploited to gain unauthorized access to some of our online systems. We instantly took steps to close off this access, investigate the incident and begin restoring the integrity of any compromised systems. 

During this process, we learned that data had been illegally accessed from our account database, including user names, email addresses and encrypted passwords. Please note that no personal payment information is stored with Ubisoft, meaning your debit/credit card information was safe from this intrusion. 

If you happen to know anyone who's unsure whether this is a phishing e-mail, it's not, at least the version I received. After I changed my password, I got redirected to a page with images and links to three YouTube videos of upcoming Ubisoft games: Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag and Splinter Cell: Blacklist. At the top of the page it said "UBI.COM IS CURRENTLY UNDER MAINTENANCE."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just so you know, all comments are moderated.