Thursday, February 4, 2010

Travels in America through Live@Lunch program, Royal BC Museum, on February 3, 2010

I went to my first Live@Lunch talk as a retired RBCM employee, usually by a Royal BC Museum staff member, on February 3, 2010. The presentation was by Shelley Reid, the Museum's registrar (the Live@Lunch description mistakenly calls her a Collections Manager), who made a trip last year to Washington, D.C., and several other historic points of interest to her. She gave a great talk well illustrated with photographs she took or gathered off the Web in cases where she couldn't photograph or wished to add some historic context to her own photograph. I almost mentioned that I might have been the only person in the room who had climbed up and down the Washington Memorial when I was eight years old. I particularly remember the climb down and being so glad to get out into the fresh air. The only other places I remember visiting on that trip were the Lincoln Memorial and the Jefferson Memorial.

It was great seeing some of my colleagues again and they got to see more of me as I went next door to the Archives to do some research, only an item I'd requested by phone in the morning had gone walkabout, but they did thankfully find it later in the day, holding true to their motto, "It's Around Here Somewhere."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just so you know, all comments are moderated.