Tuesday, February 8, 2011

CRTC will re-examine its Internet usage billing decision & Shaw suspends it usage caps

OpenMedia.ca announced on February 8, 2011 that the CRTC will re-examine its Internet usage billing decision. You can join this campaign by sending a Web letter (already filled out) from the OpenMedia.ca site. I added some comments to my letter from my blog post about this situation.

The Vancouver Sun published an article online that Shaw has announced it will suspend its usage caps for two months during a public consultation.

I still fail to understand how the big telecomms like Shaw can sell bandwidth to smaller companies that then turn around and offer "unlimited" bandwidth to their customers. I'm on one of those "unlimited" plans myself and I'd really hate to give it up since it is so cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just so you know, all comments are moderated.